Thursday 13 May 2010

Blood Bound - Book Review

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

What is it about:
Jalopy mechanic Mercedes Thompson may not be a were-creature, ruled by phases of the moon, but she can change into a coyote whenever she wants to. Because she owes him a favor, Mercedes agrees to back up vampire friend Stefan when he confronts another of his kind. But, being demon-possessed, that vampire proves deadlier than most. Before she can so much as bark, Mercedes is up to her ears in vampires fighting vampires, werewolves fighting vampires, and humans in the middle. She aims to off the demon-possessed vampire before any more killings, but she can't count on everyone who ought to be her ally because the local top vampire has schemes of her own.

What did I think of it:
I absolutely LOVE the Mercy Thompson series I can tell you and I really loved this book. Still I loved the first book 'Moon Called' more than this book, which is probably because if you make me chose I pick werewolves over vampires when it comes to Urban Fantasy and 'Moon Called' is a werewolf book while 'Blood Bound' is a vampire book. That said this books is really cool and Briggs vampires are great! They're nasty and scheming, just like a good vampire should be in my opinion (no glittery vamps for me). The main characters who were introduced in 'Moon Called' got even more depth in this book and my attachment to Mercy and interest in her well being grew. 'Moon Called' got me hooked on this series and 'Blood Bound' confirmed I made the right choice in investing further in this series.

Why should you read it:
Nasty, scheming vampires, a coyote shapeshifter, werewolves... What more could you want?!

1 comment:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Well, now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever run across a coyote shifter before . . . =)