Monday 23 August 2010

Ghost of a Chance - Book Review

Ghost of a Chance (Ghost Finders #1) by Simon R. Green

What is it about:
The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice.

What did I think of it:
Overall I liked this story. It's a fast read, the characters are interesting, the whole ghost hunting thing intriguing and the story build-up is well done. Still there were a few things that bugged me. One was the character interaction: it felt forced and unnatural from time to time with some reactions suddenly coming out of the blue. Second was the plot, which wasn't bad - it's even quite ok - but it felt a bit too large for me, practically screaming DOOM! For me it could have been more subtle which would have made the story more suspenseful for me. I think I'll wait for book two before giving my final verdict on this series though, my points of critique aside it was a very entertaining read.

Why should you read it:
If you like Ghost Hunter stories this is your book.


1 comment:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I love a good ghost hunter story...I may have to give this one a try!