Friday 27 August 2010

Once Bitten, Twice Dead - Book Review

Once Bitten, Twice Dead by Bianca D'Arc

What is it about:
When police officer Sarah Petit investigates a disturbance in an abandoned building, she expects to find a few underage drinkers. Instead, she's attacked by creatures straight out of a horror movie. Waking a week later in a hospital, Sarah is visited by Special Forces soldier Captain Xavier Beauvoir. The zombies who attacked Sarah are the result of military research gone terrifyingly wrong, and Sarah's immunity to the virus makes her the perfect person to help Xavier eradicate them. But his smooth Cajun accent, whiskey-colored eyes, and dizzying kiss are risky to her in a very different way.

Sarah attracts danger like a magnet--and the smart, fearless cop attracts Xavier too, instilling a bone-deep need that's undermining his steady façade. Enlisting her aid is a necessary gamble, but vicious undead creatures are not the only enemy they face. And the only way to keep each other safe is to trust in an instant connection that could be their greatest strength--or the perfect way to destroy them both. . .


What did I think of it:
This book is a Paranormal Romance and usually I leave those to Voodoo Bride, but this one had zombies so I had to read it! And I can tell you it was a very satisfying read. The romance and action is nicely balanced and the zombies are my favourite kind: hungry for human flesh! There could have been a bit more zombie mayhem I thought (ok, I admit: it will be a strange day when I do not think so), but all in all the zombie storyline and the zombie action were cool and well written. Voodoo Bride really enjoyed the romantic storyline which was pretty smutty, but in a good way according to her so this was a great read for both of us. I will certainly read the next book in this series when it's released.

Why should you read it:
It's a great read for zombie fans and Paranormal Romance lovers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I knew it was the zombies that got you to read this one. I could just tell.

Sullivan McPig said...

You know me too wel ;-)

Michelle Greathouse said...

I just put this one on my Christmas wish list. :) Glad to know you enjoyed it.

Have a great weekend.

M

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I read a lot of PNR last month, but it was all vampires and no zombies. I'm due for a change! Thanks for the recommendation, Sully. =)