Friday 4 March 2011

Love & Rockets - Book Review


Love and Rockets edited by Martin H. Greenberg, Kerrie Hughes (Anthology)

What is it about:
Space...the final frontier. Or is it? Many say there's no frontier more forbidding than a romantic relationship between a man and a woman. But what if one's a human, and the other's an alien? Here is an original collection of space opera stories where authors take love (unrequited or not), on a spaceship, space station, or planetary colony, and add enough drama, confusion and mayhem to ensure that the path to true love-or short-term infatuation-is seldom free of obstacles.

What did I think of it:
I must say I'm getting all happy when I spot an anthology by Greenberg as I've read several of those now that had a great selection of short stories. And as this anthology also had a short story by Anita Ensal (one of Gini Koch's pen names) I just had to get this book.

And let me tell you this anthology didn't disappoint me!
It's filled with cool, fun, intriguing, romantic SciFi stories. Even with the theme Love & Rockets, the stories are very diverse. Some were perfect just as they are, others made me wish there was lots more to read and some fell short in my opinion, but overall this anthology is a really cool read.

My favourites:
Wanted by Anita Ensal
An Offer You Couldn't Refuse by Sylvia Kelso and Lillian Steward Carl
Dance of Life by Jody Lynn Nye

Why should you read it:
It's a great mix of SciFi Romance stories

Love

2 comments:

Mel said...

I quite enjoy anthologies and haven't heard about this one! Will look into it.

Can I say, I adore your blog! I love you Sullivan McPig! :-)

Sullivan McPig said...

*blush* Thanks :-)