Monday 19 December 2011

Head Rush - Book Review

Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy #3)
by Carolyn Crane


What is it about:
JUSTINE JONES FACES HER ULTIMATE ENEMY: HERSELF!

In an attempt to put her unhappy past behind her, Justine Jones throws herself into nursing school and planning her wedding to Otto Sanchez, the man of her dreams. But something is off. Random details aren’tadding up…and is it her imagination, or are her friends and fiancĂ© keeping secrets from her? And what’s with this strange sense of unease, and her odd new headaches?

Justine tries to stay upbeat as Midcity cowers under martial law, sleepwalking cannibals, and a mysterious rash of paranormal copycat violence, but her search for answers leads her into the most dangerous mindgame yet.

With the help of unlikely allies, including her paranoid dad and best frenemy Simon, Justine fights her ultimate foe…and unravels the most startling mystery of all.


What did I think of it:
This book is utterly amazing!
I'm impatiently waiting for the print version to get released so I can hug it to bits.

Seriously:
Crane does it again: She made me rage, cry, chuckle, laugh and sigh in this rollercoaster ending of her Disillusionists Trilogy. There are few authors who manage to get me so involved in a lead character to actually make my blood pressure spike and heart rate increase, but so far Crane succeeded to do so with every book she wrote.

Crane's world building and her characters are both strong as ever. My favorite characters were all present again, there was a very cool new character and Carolyn even indulged me by including my beloved professor Teufelsdrockh (how awesome is that!?).

All in all this book is everything I hoped it would be and more. If you haven't started this series yet, you should run out right now to buy it! It's amazing.

Why should you read it:
It's amazingly cool and utterly awesome Urban Fantasy


Buy the ebook here
Buy the audiobook here
Paperback will be available later in 2012


ps: keep an eye on my blog next week: there just might be a giveaway where you could enter to win a signed copy of either Mind Games or Double Cross

1 comment:

Melliane said...

I'm glad this book was amazing, I've the first one in my TBR pile but still haven't read it yet. Great review