Thursday 8 December 2011

When Josie Comes Home - Book Review

When Josie Comes Home (The New West)
by A.E. Stanton

ebook

What is it about:
The future’s a wonderful place to be if you were considered worthy -- until a huge solar flare slagged the world computers. Now, over two hundred years later, the unworthies are all that’s left of humanity, and they’ve reverted back to the old, old ways.

Josie escapes from the forced sexual slavery of Horsetown, vowing to return with help to save her sisters. Ten years later, she’s not home -- but her youngest sister, Sadie, insists Josie will return, with her Hero along to help save the day.

(Gini Koch writing as A.E. Stanton)


What did I think about it:
I really liked the setting and world building in this story. Stanton creates a grim and nasty future that's very recognisable because of all the similarities with the Old West.

The story itself is a bit predictable in my opinion, but well written. I did have some problems with the characters though. I couldn't connect with them and this made that I didn't feel really involved with the story.

I think I will give the next story in this series a chance though, because this setting sure has many possibilities that I hope Stanton will explore.

Why should you read it:
It's well written and has a really cool setting.


Buy from Musa Publishing

No comments: