Monday 2 April 2012

A Titanic Hero, Thomas Andrews, Shipbuilder - Book Review

A Titanic Hero, Thomas Andrews, Shipbuilder by Shan F. Bullock

What is it about:
This book tells the live story of Thomas Andrew, the man who was chief designer of the Titanic and who died during the sinking.

What did I think of it:
Ok, this book is the pride of my Titanic collection.
It's a limited edition reprint and it's probably the most expensive book I own.

That being said:
It's an interesting, although very 'colored' read. It might tell a lot about who Thomas Andrews was, it was written to honor his noble death and that shows in the text.

Still it's a book that any Titanic freak (like me) can be proud of owning. It is full of detail and small anecdotes about Thomas Andrews and it gives a face to one of the many people who died that fateful night.

It's not a book I read very often, but I can advice it to anyone who wants to learn more about Thomas Andrews.

Why should you read it:
It's an interesting and informative read

No comments: