Wednesday 17 October 2012

Red-Headed Stepchild - Book Review


Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane #1)
by Jaye Wells


What is it about:
In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina Kane has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But, her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now.

This time, it's personal.


What did I think of it:
This is a really fun read.

The fast paced story and the fun and easy writing make you fly through this book. The story was a bit predictable I will confess, but not annoyingly so.

I liked Sabina. She starts out as a bit bitchy, but throughout the story she undergoes some serious changes and she becomes someone I could relate to.

There are some really cool supporting characters as well, of which I liked Giguhl, a smart-mouthed demon, the most.

The world building was nice. The vampires are descended from Lilith, and even though that's used often before, I liked the details Wells added, like the fact that vampires are vulnerable to applewood and apples.

So if not a surprising and original read this certainly is a fun and action filled read. I very much enjoyed this book and will certainly read other books in this series.

Why should you read it:
It's a fast paced and fun Urban Fantasy.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

3 comments:

Melliane said...

Ah this series is awesome! I loved all the books. And sed it's already finished. Hope you'll enjoy the others!

Aurian said...

I did read this one a few years back, and was not impressed with it, I did not like Sabine, I want my heroine more kick ass. Still, maybe I will try the next book.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

So glad to see you enjoyed this one. Sabina is a hard one, but great to read. :D Love her and Giguhl.