Wednesday 10 October 2012

Three Card Monte - Book Review


Three Card Monte (The Martian Alliance #2)
by Gini Koch

(ebook, novella)

What is it about:
A risky gamble turns deadly when the galaxy's most feared terrorist arrives to up the ante.

When their favorite bookie pulls up stakes from Roulette and moves to Polliworld, the crew of the Hummingbird go to find out why, and hopefully get a cut of the action, but they end up caught in a high stakes game of chance that could destroy them.


What did I think of it:
Gini Koch manages to deliver a fun story full of action, deception and misdirection.

The Hummingbird and her crew manage to get themselves in hot water without even trying, but luckily they are a creative bunch and especially Dee Dee always has a plan at hand to save the day.

I really like the world building Gini does for this series and fell in love with Polliworld. I hope the Hummingbird will have reason to visit this planet more often.

The cast of characters is diverse and all of the crew from the Hummingbird are interesting and it was great to get to know some of them a bit better in this story. So far my absolute favorite besides Dee Dee (the lead character) is Bullfrog, and yes: his name really fits him.

I very much enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to the next adventure of Dee Dee and her friends. I can advise this story to anyone who loves SciFi with a healthy dose of humor and mayhem.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and fast SciFi adventure


Buy Three Card Monte here

5 comments:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Glad to see we get to know the crew better in this story. I can't wait to get to this one. :)

Aurian said...

I've bought the first book this weekend at Smashwords, but this one was not available. I'll check again when I get home tonight. Looking forward to reading this series.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Okay, I really do need to get these. Is the first one a novella length as well, or full novel? I'll have to add them to the to get list. :D Thank you!

Sullivan McPig said...

The first one is a short story

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Thank you Sullivan! I do think I need these now. :D