Wednesday 23 January 2013

Full Blooded - Book Review


Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1)
by Amanda Carlson


What is it about:
Born the only female in an all male race, Jessica McClain isn’t just different—she’s feared.

After living under the radar for the last twenty-six years, Jessica is thrust unexpectedly into her first change, a full ten years late. She wakes up and finds she’s in the middle of a storm. Now that she’s become the only female full-blooded werewolf in town, the supernatural world is already clamoring to take a bite out of her and her new Pack must rise up and protect her.

But not everyone is on board. The werewolf Rights of Laws is missing text and the superstitious werewolves think that Jessica means an end to their race. It doesn’t help when Jessica begins to realize she’s more. She can change partway and hold her form, and speak directly to her wolf. But the biggest complication by far is that her alpha father can't control her like he can the rest of his wolves.

When a mercenary who’s been hired by the vampires shows up to extract information about the newly turned werewolf only days after her change, they find themselves smack in the middle of a war and there's no choice but to run together. When it’s up to Jessica to negotiate her release against her father’s direct orders, she chooses to take an offer for help instead. In exchange, Jessica must now swear an oath she may end up repaying with her life.


What did I think of it:
This is a really cool read.

I had some problems getting to understand Jessica in the beginning. She's very stubborn and it took me a while to open up to her. But once that happened and the action kicked in I was hooked and couldn't stop reading until I finished the book.

There's lots of other cool characters as well. I really liked Jessica's father and I loved the mysterious mercenary Rourke. He's someone that you know is dangerous, but that makes him even more interesting.

There's lots of cool action and intrigue going on in this book and it all leads to a conclusion that even though I felt a little bit cheated also makes me want to get my trotters on the next book as soon as it releases.

All in all This was a fun, fast and action-packed read and I'll be pre-ordering the next book one of these days most probably.

Why should you read it:
It's an action-packed Urban Fantasy read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

6 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. :D I agree with you and love this book. :D Have you read the novella that shows Jessica leaving her fathers house? It's amazingly done. Full of action too.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Aurian said...

Not sure about this one, there is only one Roarke for me.

Melliane said...

Yey! I loved this one it's a really great book, can't wait for more!

Sullivan McPig said...

@Melissa: reading that now actually.
@Aurian: what Roarke would that be?
@Melliane: thanks :-)

Aurian said...

The In Death series by JD Robb.

Sullivan McPig said...

Ah, haven't read that I'll confess.