Wednesday 3 September 2014

Enchanting the Lady - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin #1)
by Kathryne Kennedy


What is it about:
Little-noticed Felicity Seymour is a woman with a problem: she can't take control of her parents' lands until she can prove her magical abilities, of which she's never had the slightest hint.

When she meets a handsome were-lion baronet, Terence Blackwell, she's surprised at his interest; what she doesn't know is that Terence smells the taint of relic-magic on her, the same magic that killed his brother. Resolving to learn her secrets, Terence courts the worried wallflower and is as surprised as anyone when he falls head over heels.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
A delightful mix of historical and paranormal romance.

I picked this up because it was cheap, and because I was tempted by the pretty cover, so I was pleasantly surprised when this turned out to be a romantic and very enjoyable read.

I liked Felicity, although she did try my patience at time. She was a bit slow in figuring out nasty things were going on around her. I did love the interaction between her and Terence though, they made a cute couple. The romance was very sweet.

Terence is a were-lion, which makes him some sort of social outcast in high society. I thought that could have been used a bit more in the story. It was presented as an obstacle, but didn't really feel that way to me.

That aside: I really liked the story and the romance. It was pretty obvious what was going on, but as this is a Historical Paranormal Romance, that doesn't matter too much, it's first and foremost about the romance.

All in all I very much enjoyed this book and will most certainly try other books by Kathryne Kennedy. This one will go on the keeper shelves to be reread.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable Historical Paranormal Romance


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

miki said...

sound like a wonderful discovery, i will put it on my list
thanks