Friday 31 October 2014

The Stark Affair Book One: Heat - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


The Stark Affair Book One: Heat
by Skylar Cross


What is it about:
Book 1 of the 4-book series THE STARK AFFAIR by Skylar Cross
Colton Stark is filthy rich. A billionaire playboy who drives fast and plays hard, he enjoys an endless stream of party girls... at his mansion, on his yacht, and in his private jet.
He's also top of Miami-Dade Police Department's list of suspected narcotics traffickers.
Tough girl cop Sofia grew up on the mean streets of Miami, unafraid to kick anyone's ass. When asked to investigate Colton, she doesn't even consider it a challenge.
Until she comes face-to-face with Colton Stark's penetrating blue eyes.
After a steamy meeting at his South Beach club, Sofia finds herself playing a dangerous but sexy game with her own principles. As evidence mounts of Colton Stark's dirty
dealings, together they spark a bonfire of passionate heat.

Mature content. 18+ only.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
Warning: slightly spoilerish

I don't read a lot of contemporary erotic romance, but when I got the opportunity to get a review copy of this book I decided to give it a try.

Even though I knew this is the first book in a 4-book series I was surprised by how it was cut off. It's more a serial-story than a series I must warn. There's no logical ending to this book, but a rather abrupt stop to the building story line. Not that this is potentially a bad thing, but people who don't like being left in suspense, should make sure to get all four parts at once.

As for the story that does get set up in this part of the serial:
It has potential.

I will confess I didn't like the two 'erotic' scenes in this book. One where Sofia is intimate with her girlfriend while fantasizing about being with a guy, the other is Colton not having the best of times with his latest hook-up. In my opinion it wasn't sexy, felt unnecessary, and didn't warm me up to the two main characters.

That aside this story does seem to set itself up for lots of steamy scenes between Colton and Sofia, a bit of action, and some suspense and drama. Apart from the aforementioned scenes where Sofia and Colton made me dislike them, I did enjoy the developing story and was curious to see where it might lead to. I think that this serial will be very enjoyable for people who like contemporary erotic romance and billionaire bad boys.

I myself might give the second part of this serial a try, to see if Cross manages to get me to like Sofia and Colton after all.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice Contemporary Erotic Romance serial


Buy from Amazon here

No comments: