Monday 20 October 2014

Unmade - Book Review


Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3)
by Sarah Rees Brennan


What is it about:
Powerful love comes with a price. Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.


What did I think of it:
I will confess I was both excited and scared to start on this book.

It's the last book in a trilogy, and I've had it happen before that I really enjoyed the first two books in a trilogy, only to discover in the final book that the author couldn't deliver a satisfying conclusion.

So it was with a certain nervousness that I started on Unmade.

And soon discovered I had worried for nothing!

Saran Rees Brennan managed to write a conclusion to The Lynburn Legacy that was everything I hoped it would be and more!

There's suspense, humor, romance, and bone chilling situations in this book. Kami is such a great heroine. She knows she isn't perfect, and she has her flaws, but she fights for what she believes is right, and for the people she loves.

I love how Sarah Rees Brennan shows that being the 'hero' isn't as wonderful as so many tales try to tell us. She shows it comes with responsibility, difficult choices, and sacrifice. I rooted for Kami and her friends, and wept for their losses.

All in all I'm happy with this conclusion, and sad that there won't be more books in this series, because I fell in love with Kami and her friends. I will most certainly reread this trilogy in the near future, and keep an eye out for other books by Sarah Rees Brennan.

Why should you read it:
This is an awesome mix of humor, suspense and magic.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I am glad you enjoyed all three books Sullivan!