Wednesday 14 January 2015

Feast of Fools - Book Review


Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.

What did I think of it:
I'm really enjoying my self with this series.
It's fun, filled with action, and uncomplicated.

I will confess I do think Claire and her friends are a bit slow to catch up on what's going on at times. I mean: vampires are having a party that they refer to as a Feast... Maybe I played too much Vampire, the Masquerade, but that would have me running for the hills, not trying to snag an invitation.

But that aside this is a really entertaining read. My favorite character from the previous book luckily returned in this book as well, and totally stole the show in my opinion. I really hope he'll be in the upcoming books as well.

I already got the next couple of books in my TBR pile and will continue reading this series soon. I can recommend this series to anyone who's looking for a fun YA series with vampires.

Why should you read it:
It's a very enjoyable Paranormal YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Aurian said...

And after your birthday celebration, you will haven even more books in this series :).

Glad you are enjoying them so much Sullivan.