Wednesday 10 June 2015

Two Weeks' Notice - Book Review


Two Weeks' Notice (Revivalist #2)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
After dying and being revived with the experimental drug Returne, Bryn Davis is theoretically free to live her unlife—with regular doses to keep her going. But Bryn knows that the government has every intention of keeping a tight lid on Pharmadene’s life-altering discovery, no matter the cost.

Thankfully, some things have changed for the better; her job at the rechristened Davis Funeral Home is keeping her busy and her fragile romance with Patrick McCallister is blossoming—thanks in part to their combined efforts in forming a support group for Returne addicts. But when some of the group members suddenly disappear, Bryn wonders if the government is methodically removing a threat to their security, or if some unknown enemy has decided to run the zombies into the ground...


What did I think of it:
I have books in my TBR pile that I know will be cool reads, but that stay in there because I am curious about other books. Do you ever feel like that as well? Skipping over sure reads in favor of reads that might or might not be great? (Or am I just weird?)

Anyway: Two Weeks' Notice is a book that I knew I would like, and that's why it took me a while to get to it.

I finally picked it up when I got a signed copy of the next book in this series.

And this is (as expected) a great read.

I usually am not a fan of thinking zombies, but Caine does them right. I really was invested in Bryn's problems, and cheered her on. The bad guys in all this are really nasty, and there are some really creepy and disturbing events in this book.

Bryn is more 'take charge' in this book than she was in the first. Her military training finally shone through in some scenes. All in all this book is even better than the first, and I devoured it in one sitting.

You can bet I'll be reading the next book soon!

Why should you read it:
It's an action-packed Urban Fantasy read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: