Wednesday 25 May 2016

Strike - Book Review


Strike (Hit #2)
by Delilah S. Dawson


What is it about:
The hit list was just the beginning.

Time to strike back.

After faking her own death to escape her term as an indentured assassin for Valor Savings Bank, Patsy is on the run with her boyfriend, Wyatt. All she wants to do is go home, but that’s never going to happen—not as long as Valor’s out to get her and the people she loves.

Left with no good choices, Patsy’s only option is to meet with a mysterious group that calls itself the Citizens for Freedom.

Led by the charismatic Leon Crane, the CFF seem like just what Patsy has been looking for. Leon promises that if she joins, she’ll finally get revenge on Valor for everything they’ve done to her—and for everything they’ve made her do.

But Patsy knows the CFF has a few secrets of their own. One thing is certain: they’ll do absolutely anything to complete their mission, no matter who’s standing in their way. Even if it’s Patsy herself.


What did I think of it:
I loved Hit, the first book in this series, so when the awesome Jeffe managed to get a signed copy of Strike for me I was over the moon. And I dove right in to read it of course.

This book is even better than the first.

Patsy and Wyatt join a group that fights against Valor, but soon they find that this might have landed them out of the frying pan, but into the fire.

Where in Hit the interaction was mainly between Patsy and Wyatt, here there are more people Patsy has to deal with. New characters get introduced. some are cool, some creepy, and others I wasn't sure about. Patsy and Wyatt will have to figure out who to trust and how to deal with those that might have bad intentions.

There's lots of action and Patsy has to stay sharp to survive, and to keep those important to her alive as well. She has to think on her feet, and at times she is forced to pick the lesser of two evils instead of being a hero and save the day.

I was on the edge of my seat and was rooting for Patsy to come out on top of the situation.

The ending is satisfying, but also makes me eager to find out what will happen next. I do hope there will be more books in this series, because I am hooked.

Why should you read it:
It's an action-packed gritty YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

Melliane said...

I don't know... I was a bit mixed by the first one

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I haven't read the first one but it does sound like an amazing series by an outstanding author. Thanks for sharing about it! And congrats on a signed copy.