Friday 22 July 2016

Lonen's War - Book Review


Lonen's War (Sorcerous Moons #1)
by Jeffe Kennedy


What is it about:
An Unquiet Heart
Alone in her tower, Princess Oria has spent too long studying her people’s barbarian enemies, the Destrye—and neglected the search for calm that will control her magic and release her to society. Her restlessness makes meditation hopeless and her fragility renders human companionship unbearable. Oria is near giving up. Then the Destrye attack, and her people’s lives depend on her handling of their prince…

A Fight Without Hope
When the cornered Destrye decided to strike back, Lonen never thought he’d live through the battle, let alone demand justice as a conqueror. And yet he must keep up his guard against the sorceress who speaks for the city. Oria’s people are devious, her claims of ignorance absurd. The frank honesty her eyes promise could be just one more layer of deception.

A Savage Bargain
Fighting for time and trust, Oria and Lonen have one final sacrifice to choose… before an even greater threat consumes them all.


What did I think of it:
Jeffe Kennedy is one of my must read everything I can get my trotters on authors, so you bet I wanted to read Lonen's War.

And this is a beautiful and intense read.

Oria has been sheltered all her life, kept both ignorant and vulnerable, so when barbarians attack her city she is totally unprepared when circumstance puts her in charge of important decisions. Yet she shows she's stronger than even she herself ever thought possible.

Lonen on the other hand is used to a life of hard work and survival. Yet when he has to fight the Barra he is forced to acts that he believed to be unthinkable.

I loved both Oria and Lonen. They're from different worlds and seem to have nothing in common. Still apart from the necessity to work together there's a curiosity that draws them towards each other even without them really being aware of it just yet.

And the world building!

I loved the world Jeffe created for this story. The city where Oria lives sounds like a complex and magical place, while Lonen's homeland sounds much more practical and straightforwards. I love how the environment reflects the people who live in it and vice versa.

The story is intense, suspenseful, and filled with action, cool creatures and events. I couldn't put this book down until I finished it.

All in all this is a wonderful start of the series, and I'll be getting my greedy trotters on the other books as well, because I want much much more.

Why should you read it:
It's an amazing Fantasy Romance read.


Find buy links here

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I want to get this series one day. So glad it was amazing! :D