Thursday 18 May 2017

More Than Fashion - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


More Than Fashion (Chasing the Dream #3)
by Elizabeth Briggs


What is it about:
They’re enemies who will do anything to win...including each other.

When Julie Hong wins a spot on a fashion design reality TV show, she celebrates by picking up a hot English guy in a hotel bar. But too many drinks leads to a night of embarrassment and a major hangover, and wow is she glad she’ll never see him again. Until the show starts, and he’s on it too.

Julie quickly realizes she’s out of her league among the other designers, and Gavin Bennett, with his cocky grin and sexy accent, is her biggest competition. Julie can't decide if she wants to kiss him or kill him. Or both.

After she’s almost kicked off, Julie convinces Gavin to pretend they’re sleeping together for the camera. The ploy works, but as they get closer to the show’s finale their fake relationship starts to become too real. But only one of them can win the show—and they might both end up heartbroken.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I've been very much enjoying the first books in this series, so I eagerly picked this one up.

And it's such a fun and yummy read!

Hector from More Than Comics is still my favorite hero so far, but Gavin is a really close second. I loved the interaction and chemistry between Julie and Gavin. Their romance is hot and full of delicious tension.

I loved the reality show set up in the first book, but wasn't a fan of the hero. Here I got the reality show set up again, this time with a hero I really rooted for. I was hooked from the start and only put the book down when I absolutely had to.

The story is really fun with all the fashion challenges, and there were some cool contestants as well. I like how Briggs doesn't make things an easy stroll for the hero and heroine in her books. I really was wondering how the show would end and how Julie and Gavin would get their Happy End with them competing.

Of course this is a romance so things do turn out well, but the journey to their HEA was a treat to read. I'm already looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Why should you read it:
It's a delicious Contemporary Romance


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: