Thursday 28 December 2017

Top Pearls of 2017

It's that time of year again!

Looking back on 2017 it has been a bumpy year with months where I read almost nothing to months where I managed to find my groove again.

I read a great deal of cool books, and I have a list of twelve books/authors to share with you this year.


Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton
I picked this one up because Kelsey Sutton would be at LLC Berlin. I fell in love with this book and bought Sutton's other books as well. They are beautiful as well.
Roar by Cora Carmack
Another LLC author, although Roar came out after LLC, so I couldn't read it in advance. It turned out to be a beautiful read. I also read a couple of her Contemporary Romance books: those were fun.
The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
Even if the story hadn't sounded really cool, I'd have gotten my trotters on it because of the cover. I was lucky to get the special silver edition in a FairyLoot box, and it turned out that the story was amazing. Bring on the next book!
Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
This re-imagining of the rise to power of the evil queen of Snow White is set in an East Asian-inspired fantasy world and is one of the best books based on a fairytale that I've read. I will get my trotters on the next book when it releases.


The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
A beautiful, slow paced Fantasy with a heroine I could really root for. I loved this book so much I'm a bit afraid to read the next book, especially after reading what the next book is about.
Vanguard by Ann Aguirre
This companion novel to the totally amazing Razorland Saga has the most beautiful interspecies romance I've read so far. That I received this ARC from Ann herself at LLC was the icing on the cake!
Dandelions by Shauna Granger
If you love post apocalyptic stories you really should read Granger's Ash & Ruin series. I was more than happy that she decided to write this companion novel set in the same world.
Flesh by Laura Bickle
Ghouls, giant catfish, what more could you want? Maybe a man-eating dachshund? This book is totally awesome, with lots of icky and creepy stuff. Next to this book Laura Bickle also released The Dragon's Playlist this year - another amazing read. I also reread Dark Oracle.


World Tree Girl by Kerry Schafer
This Paranormal Murder Mystery is both fun and suspenseful. Maureen is one of the coolest heroines around. I also read The Nothing by Schafer and I Wish You Happy, which she wrote as Kerry Anne King. Both great reads as well.
Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn
I received this fun superheroine story as a present, but immediately ordered the next book after finishing this one. What a cool and fun series.
More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs
I read Future Shock - a time travel YA - by Elizabeth Briggs and loved it so much I ordered Future Threat and signed up to Briggs' newsletter. I received one of her Contemporary Romances as a freebie and decided to read it. I loved it so much I have bought and read all of Briggs' books this year. Me being a gaming and comic book geek it might not be a surprise this is my favorite of her Contemporary Romances.
With a Prince by Jeffe Kennedy
We've read Last Dance, With a Prince, The Shift of the Tide, Since Last Christmas, and The Snows of Windroven by Jeffe Kennedy this year, as well as having reread a few of her other books. All of Jeffe's books are amazing, but Voodoo Bride wanted me to post With a Prince as she just loves the cover and the hero of this book.

That's my Top Pearls list of 2017.

What were your favorite reads?

No comments: