Monday 16 April 2018

Ruins - Book Review


Ruins (Partials Sequence #3)
by Dan Wells


What is it about:
Kira, Samm, and Marcus fight to prevent a final war between Partials and humans in the gripping final installment in the Partials Sequence, a series that combines the thrilling action of The Hunger Games with the provocative themes of Blade Runner and The Stand.

There is no avoiding it—the war to decide the fate of both humans and Partials is at hand. Both sides hold in their possession a weapon that could destroy the other, and Kira Walker has precious little time to prevent that from happening. She has one chance to save both species and the world with them, but it will only come at great personal cost.


What did I think of it:
It had been awhile since I read the first two books in this series, so I had some trouble remembering who some of the characters were, but after a shaky start I was soon back into the story and world.

And this is overall a really cool read. There were several viewpoint characters, but not in an annoying way. It was easy to keep track of everyone. Kira and Samm were my favorites.

I will say there were two storylines that for me felt a bit unbelievable and unnecessary. I had trouble suspending disbelieve where it came to these storylines, but apparently they were necessary to get the ending Wells was going for.

Those two storylines aside, I very much enjoyed this book. It's suspenseful, and full of action and difficult decisions. I rooted for my favorite characters, while hoping others would fail.

All in all a cool conclusion to this trilogy. I might get hold of other books by Wells.

Why should you read it:

It's a cool Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic YA read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: